If you can make it to the LCTY Manchester on the 13th May I will be giving a presentation on integrating Adobe Flex and IBM Lotus Notes.
I will be covering:
- Why Flex & Notes – the business case / the geek case?
- Building Notes 8 Sidebar widgets.
- Leveraging Notes Security.
- Best practices for exposing Notes data and business logic to Flex.
- Configuring environments to use Flex apps / widgets on non Domino web sites.
- Lessons learned – e.g. Code Structure, Logging & Debugging, SSL & IE, Multi Panel Applications.
I will demo / breakdown a couple of Flex apps which we will be available to take away – including the supporting Notes Databases.
The aim of the presentation is to try to highlight from a technical and strategic perspective why you should consider leveraging Adobe Flex as a front end for your Notes applications, something you can take back to your managers / senior managers / IT Director. Though the presentation is aimed at developers we will not have time to go into great detail so it should be fine for Administrator / Managers as well
Even if you still haven’t upgraded from version 6 of Notes there will still be something of value for you here.
Adobe UK have promised me some giveaways which I will distribute in the presentation.